Anticorrosive coating system and anti-screening properties for buried and overhead ducts and pipelines.
- Rehabilitation (repair of coatings).
- Welded joints in construction projects.
- Complete coating for new pipelines or ducts.
KEY PROPERTIES OF THE RD-6 SYSTEM:
- Superior adhesion to metal and other lining materials at the transition.
- Soil stress creep resistance.
- Excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment.
- Easy application.
- Drying time of the adhesive liquid from 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fast and immediate trench plugging.
- Mesh backing with basket weave design.
- Provides a path for cathodic protection (CP) current flow in overlap area.
- Minimal elongation, very strong resistance to slippage caused by soil stress.
- Extrudes the compound through the overlap area allowing complete adhesion by consolidation Thickness.
- One constant layer, 1″ overlap, 50 mils (1.25 mm).
- 50% overlap is recommended for transporting to the field, in large water layers or in very rocky areas.
- Fast drying, 5 minutes.
- Minimal waste.
- Polyguard 600 liquid adhesive can be used all day or longer if coated overnight.
- Simple and easy machine application.
- No mixing or curing time required.
- Ready to lower and cap after holiday testing.